Search This Blog

Loading...

What content will you pay for online?


A new Nielsen survey shows that 85% would prefer to keep online content from media and entertainment companies free. Media firms are constantly debating the merits of different business models and approaches to charging for digital content—but only around half of the 27,000 consumers surveyed say micropayments or an easy payment method would make them more likely to pay for online content.
Most people, as it turns out, believe they can get the same (or similar) content elsewhere for free if a site is restricted to paid subscribers only. Nielsen reveals that 47% of respondents are willing to accept more ads to help subsidize free content. Apparently the other 53% haven't discovered AdBlock Plus.
Your turn to weigh in. Would/Do you pay for subscriber-only digital content? If so, what kind of content would you be willing to break out the wallet for?
Full story at The Hollywood Reporter
 
. Why pay when you can get the same for free? Go open source
 
.
A new Nielsen survey shows that 85% would prefer to keep online content from media and entertainment companies free. Media firms are constantly debating the merits of different business models and approaches to charging for digital content—but only around half of the 27,000 consumers surveyed say micropayments or an easy payment method would make them more likely to pay for online content.
Most people, as it turns out, believe they can get the same (or similar) content elsewhere for free if a site is restricted to paid subscribers only. Nielsen reveals that 47% of respondents are willing to accept more ads to help subsidize free content. Apparently the other 53% haven't discovered AdBlock Plus.
Your turn to weigh in. Would/Do you pay for subscriber-only digital content? If so, what kind of content would you be willing to break out the wallet for?
Full story at The Hollywood Reporter
 
. Why pay when you can get the same for free? Go open source
 
.